It is a very good idea to know how old your furnace is. This will give you a pretty good idea of when you might need to consider new furnace installation. If your furnace was already installed before you bought your home, you might have to do some investigating to figure out how old it is. One way to figure it out is to look for a manual with a date in it. Or, you can contact the company that made your furnace with the serial number and find out when it was manufactured.
When is the right time to replace your furnace?
Most furnaces last 10-15 years after installation. Once your furnace is more than 10 years old, you should stay alert for signs that you need new furnace installation:
- Your electric bill is higher than you would expect based on the weather and temperature.
- Your home is not heating evenly anymore. There are spots that are warmer and spots that are cooler.
- You have trouble with the humidity in your home.
- You notice that your furnace is turning on and off more often than it once did.
- You hear new or louder than normal noises during the operation of your furnace.
If you experience any of these warning signs and your furnace is 10-15 years old or older, it’s probably time to consider new furnace installation. You should shop around and get at least three estimates that include the specifics of what furnace would be installed, whether any changes to the existing ductwork are needed, and the cost to remove and discard the existing furnace.
Provided By: EnergySharks
If you would like to discuss Stellar Air Decorative Vent and Grille Covers or want to have a custom-designed Grille or Ventilator cover made for your home or office, please do not hesitate to call us at 842-795-6680 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.